Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thanksgiving

Wow! It's already Thanksgiving! We got to spend this Thanksgiving at the Watkins with the whole gang! It was so fun to see and be with everyone and enjoy a great meal of course. Before the annual feast, since the skiing wasn't too great, I talked my family into a Turkey Trot. Some were more excited than others, but off we went to the Farmington Turkey Trot. We met the Mattson family there, who all ran the 5k with me. I ran the 5k (my first one every, scary huh), and the kids and Blake ran the 1k. They all did great, some enjoyed it more than others (ok maybe just me). Needless to say it was a great way to work off a few extra calories before we consumed many more than our share.

Here are a few photos from the race.




After dinner we all played the bi-annual family kickball game. The kids love it and are getting much better than in previous years. Soon we may have to move to the park so the kids have more room to really give the ball a boot! Overall, a great day! We have much to be thankful for and always appreciate a day to help us remember how blessed we are.

No comments: